Friday, June 20, 2014

Gamification

After learning about gamification I've realized that I use it all the time! In my classroom I'm always turning lessons into games. It really does help motivate the students and engage them into the lesson. It gives them a reason to listen and pay attention. It makes it more fun for them to learn and even more fun for me to teach. Whenever we review for tests I usually set up a Jeopardy type game and give the students a chance to earn bonus points. They absolutely love it. They don't even realize they are learning. I use technology games to to help my students learn math facts and even though reading programs. My students can earn badges every time they score 100% on their comprehension quizzes. Gamification is used every where. It's a fantastic way to motivate kids to learn. The kids these days also use technology so much that incorporating gamification with technology into school work will increase engagement for kids.
This is a great video by RSA Animate on what motivates us.

No comments:

Post a Comment