Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Week 2 Reflection

This last week as been a extremely hectic. I missed last weeks session because we were on a plane and I feel completely out of the loop. I'm traveling out of the country so that already makes it hard for me to juggle things. I was also having some major internet issues and confused the spotlight assignment with the group assignment. I was getting really frustrated and started to not get much sleep. Then I realized that I need to just take everything one step at a time. I can only do so much and sleep is very important. Juggling two summer school classes and being out of the country for two weeks is definitely a challenge. However, I made the decision to travel so I know I can do it. When I'm able to sit down and complete my work I have really enjoyed learning about new tools in the new amazing places that I'm visiting. This is exactly what I needed to do so that I can use these tools in my classroom next school year. When I am finished I will feel very excited with how much I have done this summer. This is a picture of me trying to finish up one of my assignments before we get on our flight to Italy.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Desiree! I don't know how you do it! I don't think I could find time to take two classes if I were traveling around. Keep it up! I think that we will all learn a lot from this course. I've also really enjoyed learning about new tools and think that the tool spotlight assignments are my favorite things to do so far. Have fun in Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Desi!

    Wow, how exciting that you get to visit Italy! You will definitely have to blog about it when you get back - some of us need to live vicariously through you! I totally hope to be able to visit there one day.

    And you certainly are ambitious, taking two summer courses! I'm so burnt from last semester I could barely bring myself to take one. But you are right, just take things one step at a time. You can do this!

    Have fun on your trip!

    ~Kimberly~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed! Two courses in the same summer session?! And you're traveling? Ahhhh! I was stressed out with just one class and traveling.

    I was worried that I wouldn't be able to enjoy Japan and Bali because I would be too preoccupied with assignments and stuck in a hotel room, but, like you, I found a way to make it work..."One step at a time." We also have great TAs and an understanding Professor that are willing to work with us. If we were not abroad (I'm home now, actually), I'm sure we would be less frustrated. Haha! Well, Desiree, enjoy your trip! At the end of it all I'm certain you'll feel very accomplished to have explored Italy and finish two courses! We're almost there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Desi, don't worry about confusing the assignments. I didn't travel anywhere and I got confused. I suspect we're not the only two that got confused.

    What has worked for me in the past when working and traveling was that I set aside a couple hours at night or wake up early one morning so I could focus on the work. Hope you can find yourself some time to get stuff done while enjoying your vacation!

    ReplyDelete